Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) - 2019
In order to incentivize investment in renewable energy sources such as solar energy, the United States government has initiated Investment tax credit as part of IRS Tax Code since 2005. A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in the income taxes that a person or company would otherwise pay the federal government.
According to SEIA.org, solar investment tax credit has helped solar industry grow by more than 10000% since it was started in 2006. It was supposed to expire at the end of 2017, but Congress extended its expiration date. This federal tax credit enables solar energy installation in the United States to save 30% on the installation cost of their solar energy systems.
What is Solar Tax Equity Finance Fund?
Tax equity financing is a way for property owners and financial institutions to receive benefits of solar electricity production through tax benefits and other incentives that flow from renewable energy and energy efficiency projects. There are three parts to the Tax Equity Finance Fund.
1. Program Developer – Developer is the company like Universal Solar System that identifies a project, evaluates the risk and brings the project to fruition.
2. Solar Host – Solar host is someone that has solar install done on their property and enjoys the benefits and incentives for switching to solar energy.
3. Program Participant – Tax equity participant finances the solar projects in exchange to they receive tax benefits and other incentives from renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
Universal Solar System Tax Equity Fund:
Universal Solar System launched their first tax equity fund back in 2015 and have been successfully serving their Solar hosts and Tax equity investors since then. USS is uniquely qualified and market maker for Solar hosts and Tax equity participants. Our investment returns are unmatched in the industry. Some other well-known Tax equity providers are institutions like Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch and corporations like Google, that have heavy tax liabilities use tax equity funds to offset these liabilities by investing in large renewable energy projects.
Why Choose us?
Solar investments are ideal for private and institutional investors who are seeking:
- Market Maker for Solar Tax Equity Finance Fund.
- A reduction of federal income tax
- Assurances of compliance and due diligence on every deal
- Quick and efficient closings
- Risk mitigation
Our ability to bring solar projects to fruition with unmatched financial returns to our clients is a testament to the strength of our team and our leadership.